Daily Reads

5.30.2012

Picture me {im}perfectly

>:

"She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day....
First thing in the morning she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. 
She senses the worth of her work..."

I don't know how many times I've read Proverbs 31 and marveled at the woman described there. She is everything I want to be. If I knew this woman in person I might be tempted to compare myself, and I would not be happy with the contrast. But, thankfully, I know none of us are perfect and God put this in His word because we need the inspiration. There is so much to learn here, and I'm sure I'll spend my life trying to be like this godly woman. 
Right now the passage above really speaks to me. 

Because I love to sleep. Like, really love it. Since Michael started sleeping through the night I love it more than ever. When I have a choice between an extra few minutes of sleep in the morning and...just about anything else, I choose sleep. Which isn't so terrible, but I'd like to be more 'eager to get started' in the morning. To get a little exercise. To spend some time in Bible study. A few quiet minutes with Tim before Michael is up and ready for action. 

Maybe it's time for me to start embracing the early mornings again. With eagerness.

5 comments:

  1. love this. great post. thank you SO very much for linking up!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hill! I loved your post today too. I totally relate about feeling interrupted and needing to be present. Thanks for the encouragement every week! Christi

      Delete
  2. Oh I am right there with ya sister.I think I need to print this one out and put it by my bed....mmmmm....I love my bed!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that made me laugh, Jill! :) I thought of doing something like that except I don't think I would remember to read it because I'm so blissfully happy. Just grinning from ear to ear with my eyes shut, hahaha :)

      Delete
  3. Giiirrrrl, I heard that. I've been so convicted of this lately. I think the Lord has been waking me up earlier than the kids lately so that I can spend some time listening to Him before the clamour of the day begins, but speaking confessionally, I'd have to admit that I've ignored this. Shame on me. Thank you so much for the reminder. I'll be praying for your eagerness...and for mine as well!

    ReplyDelete