I'm thinking more and more about our upcoming home search in Texas and
- how fun! - today's Fill in the Blank Friday is all about home.
Head over to The little things we do to play along!
1. My favorite room in my home is our bedroom because it's clean and quiet and uncluttered. It smells like fresh laundry and it gets sun in the morning. A peaceful place to sleep (and wake up) is a beautiful thing.
2. My current decor style is a mix of lots of styles collected over the years since college but I wish it were more cohesive and modern. That is definitely my vision for our next home. (See rooms I love.)
3. I wish I could redecorate Michael's room in my house to make it more spacious. I actually love his room, but if we were staying in this house I would take the guest bed out,
put in some bookshelves, and make the space a better playroom for him.
(gratuitous picture of my son)
4. My dream house absolutely has to have a lot of distance (and sound barriers) between the kids' rooms and the living areas! During the last year we've been living like Ninjas - silently cooking, washing dishes, tiptoeing around, and communicating with a combination of whispers and gestures (not really - well, sort of) whenever Michael is sleeping. This will be a top priority in our next home!
5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is carpet/area rugs. They make such a difference in how a home looks and feels. I don't know what the floors in our next home will be like, but I'd love to use this little beauty somewhere.
6. A decor trend that I just don't get is anything cluttered that is visually disorganized.
If it's "shabby" I probably won't like it.
7. Framed family photos, art, and maps from our travels is a little touch that makes my house feel like home.