Daily Reads

3.09.2012

Fill in the blank Friday

I'm thinking more and more about our upcoming home search in Texas and 
- how fun! - today's Fill in the Blank Friday is all about home. 
Head over to The little things we do to play along!


1.  My favorite room in my home is   our bedroom   because   it's clean and quiet and uncluttered. It smells like fresh laundry and it gets sun in the morning. A peaceful place to sleep (and wake up) is a beautiful thing. 

2.   My current decor style is   a mix of lots of styles collected over the years since college  but I wish it were more   cohesive and modern. That is definitely my vision for our next home. (See rooms I love.)

3.  I wish I could redecorate    Michael's   room in my house to make it more   spacious. I actually love his room, but if we were staying in this house I would take the guest bed out, 
put in some bookshelves, and make the space a better playroom for him.
(gratuitous picture of my son)

4. My dream house absolutely has to have a   lot of distance (and sound barriers) between the kids' rooms and the living areas! During the last year we've been living like Ninjas - silently cooking, washing dishes, tiptoeing around, and communicating with a combination of whispers and gestures (not really - well, sort of) whenever Michael is sleeping. This will be a top priority in our next home!

5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is   carpet/area rugs. They make such a difference in how a home looks and feels. I don't know what the floors in our next home will be like, but I'd love to use this little beauty somewhere.

                  6. A decor trend that I just don't get  is   anything cluttered that is visually disorganized. 
If it's "shabby" I probably won't like it.

7.  Framed family photos, art, and maps from our travels  is a little touch that makes my house feel like home.

6 comments:

  1. Visually, I can't stand clutter - I hate it! It looks awful!

    Also? Your son is precious!

    Stopping by from Lauren's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to be clear, I am the better ninja of the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :) You are the ninja-cooking master.

      Delete
  3. Have you been on har.com for house hunting fun? I think Todd told Tim about it.......this post made me happy because you mentioned moving to Texas and whenever I think of that I smile!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been using har.com, Jill! Yes, Todd told Tim about it. We've also been using trulia.com. I'm smiling about it too - can't wait to get down there and settle in!

      Delete