Daily Reads

4.29.2012

A letter to Maggie


Dear Maggie

You were born one year ago today. 
We are all remembering you and wishing, again, 
that things had been different.

Your Dad and Mom are having a celebration for your day. 
To remember you and celebrate your life, and to mark one year survived without you. 

Do you want to know how much they love you? 
Even after losing you and grieving deeply every day, 
and struggling with people who have disappointed them and anger about loss, 
and wrestling with sadness that doesn't go away, they've chosen to celebrate. 
With smiles and tears and a meal and bubbles. 
They are celebrating you through their pain.
Because they love you that much.

We all love you, Maggie. We will never be complete without you. 
Whenever our family is gathered, your absence is felt. 
A piece of our family is missing, and that will never change no matter how many years go by. 

I trust that God has made you whole. I trust that in His presence 
you are joyful and loved beyond anything you could ever imagine on this earth.

But I still wish you were here. 
I wish I could hold you and whisper these things into your ear.
I love you, sweet one. 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Chris. I'm crying again. Thanks for putting words to my heart today. amy

    ReplyDelete