Daily Reads

5.03.2010

Good morning! It's a rainy day in New England, and I'm here at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee blogging to you fine readers. Could life be any better?? I had a wonderful weekend - my sweet husband took me (and our dog) away to New York City to celebrate the end of my clinical training. We had a fabulous time, ate some amazing meals, and spent time with good friends. And, I learned a few things while we were there:

1) I love the city but I will never regret not living there. Too many people, lines, crowds, too much trash and noise, etc....

2) Good barbecue can be found in New York City. It's in Brooklyn at a little place called Fette Sau (Fat Pig). (What else can be found in Brooklyn you ask? Hipsters. Lots and lots of hipsters.)

3) I used to think Ella was meant to be a cattle dog, working on a ranch rounding up cows and goats. Now I think I may have been wrong because she feels right at home in the city - the walks, the people, and the luxurious hotel rooms...


Here are a few pieces of inspiration to start off the week:
What could possibly make built-ins better? 
When they're part of a gorgeous apartment in Paris. sigh

I love everything about this. Everything.

I'm not crazy about the dark walls, but this is possibly the coolest sofa I've ever seen.

Doesn't this look like a wonderful place to wake up?

So, so pretty.

And finally, this room. The furniture is heavy for my taste, and I'm not sure I like orange in the bedroom, but it definitely makes an impact, don't you think?

Have a lovely week!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment