Daily Reads

3.27.2010

Showers of blessings

I have had the most wonderful, possibly perfect, Saturday. I slept in (relatively) late this morning, and then had breakfast and a devotional with some amazing women from my church family. I did a little shopping and scored some amazing plates on sale at anthroplogie:




(At first glance they appear to be just normal, respectable, neutral dinnerware. But on closer inspection...



  


...lizards and leaves and vines!!!! I can't explain how much I love these, or how pleased I am with the deal I got.)




But, back to my perfect Saturday. While I was out this morning enjoying myself, my sweet husband ran errands and bought food, and his bolognese sauce has been simmering all day. Heavenly. The rest of the day has been spent walking our sassy pup, taking care of our home, jogging, listening to music, and just enjoying being together.

It's another one of those days when I feel so blessed my heart overflows with thanksgiving. It happens to me a lot lately, and I find myself wondering, why me? I know so many people who are struggling - with relationships, addiction, career, faith, money, health - and we are blessed over and over again. I don't know why God has blessed me so generously, but I am humbled and thankful and I know this much is true:

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded: and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12: 48

Thank you, Father, for the blessings You pour over me and my family. I know that every good and perfect thing is from You and no one else. Give me the strength to honor You with my life and use Your blessing to Your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment