Daily Reads

2.10.2010

Snow day

I recently started my third and final clinical rotation for school, and although I'm enjoying it, it has made me intensely aware of how much I loved being home over the break. There is a part of me that needs to work and have a life outside of our home, but I am always happiest when I am here and taking care of our little family. I never got bored during the more than forty days I had off from school. I rested, worked out, organized, crafted, cleaned, studied, traveled, played with my puppy, prayed, talked, wrote, lunched, shopped, cooked, read. The time was so precious, and so rejuvenating to my soul. I used it wisely, but I've been a little blue this week just knowing that blissful chapter had come to an end.


I don't know why it surprised me. I should expect, by now, that my God will be lavish with His blessings. But today he sent another beautiful snow storm, and Tim and I both got to stay home for the day, all snug in our little house with our little pup. Tim worked and I read blogs like it was my job with a warm puppy on my lap. We cooked a good lunch and ate together. I baked a cake and made a stew. It hasn't been an extraordinary day, but it was just what my heart desired. And I didn't even have to ask.

"You have granted him the desire of his heart and have not withheld the request of his lips." 
-- Psalm 21:2

  




* I took these pictures with my favorite new iphone app, which I learned about on my favorite blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment