Daily Reads

2.01.2010

Eye candy for the soul

There's a famous quote by Kurt Vonnegut that I find so beautiful, "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC". I love that quote because it is both a profound expression of belief (How could something as magical as music exist if there was no God?) and one of simple joy experienced through the senses (I hear God in music.) Pure genius. Although I see God all around me in this world (as opposed to hearing Him like Mr. Vonnegut), I know exactly what he meant and if I could adapt the quote for myself I would only change two words: THE ONLY PROOF SHE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS COLOR.


My recent foray into blog world has brought me into contact with lots of photos - yaay! - mostly of gorgeous rooms, gardens, foods, and travel destinations. Beautiful and right up my colorful alley. But today I came across a great new site on flickr called interestingness and although it's not my typical style I can't stop looking at it! The photos are quirky and fun and thoughtful, and although they are not all in color, that just makes the colorful ones even better. Enjoy. interestingness 














No comments:

Post a Comment