Daily Reads

9.13.2012

welcome change

     To say that life around here has been crazy lately is an understatement. (Here's an important tidbit about me: I don't handle chaos very well. Put me in a disorganized house with a demanding toddler who is bent on destroying order and I'm really not a happy girl.) I totally recognize that what I'm dealing with here is not a tragedy by any stretch of the imagination, but the last couple of weeks have felt a little bit like treading water (with a very small, very opinionated little person snapping at my heels). Exhausting. Two weeks in this house and we're still surrounded by piles of random things that haven't found a place, my keys are missing, the kitchen sink sprung a leak, Michael is throwing another tantrum...you get the idea. Two steps forward and a few steps back and all that.

     But a couple of days ago the tide seemed to turn a little bit. Michael and I got out of the house  - I went to Bible study and he went to play with some other little ones his age. We had lunch with Tim and had a really good time. We're finally carving out some comfortable, liveable, Michael-proof spaces in the house. This morning Michael and I made a fall wreath and ate apples while a soft storm rolled overhead. He's napping, there's a pot of chicken soup simmering on the stove, and I've got a few minutes to sit and think and write. It's so refreshing, this assurance that a new season is coming just like it always does. That God's word abides and, once again, He's provided us with a sweet family of believers to love. That order is there, under the stacks of mismatched cables and old school notes, waiting patiently as we work our way down to it.

~ linking up with lowercase letters ~

4 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie. Got a little tear in my eye when I read your second paragraph. Apples and soup and fall and storms and a sweet baby napping is so perfect. Thank God for the different seasons He brings for us, and for the sweet place He's carved out for you and your family there. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet reminder of God's goodness. Thanks for sharing - I have zero kids and cannot imagine how stressed out I would be trying to be a mom in the midst of a move. Sounds like you're finding your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup and storm sounds SOOOOO wonderful! Napping child and time to sit and write - what more could you ask for?
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is seasons... and God is so perfectly present in each one! Motherhood is a very high calling indeed, that is why He has a special promise just for mom's with their little ones... Isaiah 40:11

    "He will feed his flock like a shepherd.
    He will carry the lambs in his arms,
    holding them close to his heart.
    He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young."

    Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete