Daily Reads

6.20.2011

Photo magic

I love photos. There's something so fascinating about seeing a moment frozen in time. And when they're beautiful or meaningful, even better. I recently looked through Tim's photos on his iPhone and found some of me and Michael. I love them. I've been looking at Michael's face for 9 weeks now, but I never see myself holding him and even though they're not the most flattering pictures they are so beautiful to me I get choked up. I know that in years to come when I look back at them I will be transported and remember the way he snuggled up to me, his warmth, the way he smelled, and the soft sounds he made.
A quiet moment captured by Tim using Photosynth
And, a sweet and nostalgic site called Dear Photograph spotted on A Cup of Jo. Photos from then and now with sweet and sometimes funny captions. So beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. Enjoy. Xoxo
"Dear Photograph,
He was a wonderful man and she grew up to be a wonderful woman."
Anonymous
"Dear Photograph,
Grandma loved this beach."
Dan Perry
"Dear Photograph, 
Dad never took a picture of me, ever. Then I noticed his reflection in the glass. 
Happy Father's Day, Dad."
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment